Pages

Friday 16 January 2009

I did it....


I finally baked my own cupcakes, this is terrible for a cupcake lover to admit I am sure, after all these years of being so in love with Cupcakes I had been frightened to try baking some, but I took the bull by the horn and did it.

My hubby gave me this great book for Christmas " Cupcakes" by Next and I looked through and chose the recipe Neapolitan Cakes it was a very simple recipe and only took about an hour to fully make, they actually do look a little like Neapolitan Ice Cream, my decoration of the buttercream left a little to be desired but I am sure that will improve with practice. All the family had a try and said they were scrummy yummy and if I don't say so myself I thought they were quite good.

If anyone wants a copy of the recipe just leave a message with your email and I will be happy to forward on.

Hope all are well and cupcake - tastic, Happy Birthday to my little Bro Kiery while I am posting he lives up in London so we are not getting to spend his birthday together but his lovely flat mate Jane bought him some cupcakes from Selfridges for his birthday so he is a very lucky boy.

Kara
xoxox
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great start.....you'll find cupcakes so much easier to make as the practice makes perfect....I just love them, and even make "fake" ones to have sitting among my pretty dishes...So don't worry, you'll be a pro in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of your cupcakes!!! Its not just me then - the frosting never works out on mine, I need to find a good recipe!
    I'm hoping the Hummingbird book will feature a good frosting recipe!
    You've inspired me to maybe bake this weekend now!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Cupcake, what do ya think ?

Free Blog Template by June Lily