Pages

Thursday 1 January 2009

Top 5 - Handmade & Shop Bought


Well I thought for our first real post I should show some cupcake goodies we can all treat ourselves to.


So I searched the net and although there are so many great buys out there I decided to pick the my top 5 handmade Etsy goodies and my top 5 shop bought items.


For those of you that haven't heard of Etsy, its a great US site that allows handmade crafters from all over the world (including myself) to have somewhere safe to sell our wares on. Please go take a look not only at the 5 items I have picked but the thousands of amazing items available.

1. My first item is by a dear talented friend of mine Miss Laura of KatyDiddy Designs, I am fortunate enough to have many of Laura's items across my home and they are all so beautiful, Laura like myself has a huge love for all Cupcake and that shows in her work, the above picture is one of her Note Card designs, she has many more Cupcake and other items so go take a look.



2. This Handmade Trinket box is from a lady called Wendy of FruitflyPie, I have never had the pleasure of chatting with Wendy, but when I saw this on Etsy last week, I decided I have to have one, so in the next few weeks I shall be treating myself. I can not believe Wendy makes these all herself as they are just truly gorgeous. Go take a look at her great wares, she does some amazing colours and designs.




3. Jenny of JennysBakeShop is one of my favourite Etsy Artists, she paints the most gorgeous pieces and I have a custom piece of Jenny's Artwork in my Kitchen and feel very fortunate to have it. I would love to fill my whole wall with my Art and this year I shall be treating myself to some more, the above cupcake piece is a fave of mine as it incorporates not only Cupcakes but polka dots and pink 2 of my other fave things.

4. Now who doesn't need a cupcake apron, well me for 1 does and that's how I came across this gorgeous work of art, I was supposed to get a cupcake apron for Xmas but unfortunately it did not appear, so since boxing day I have been trawling the web and I came across a whole gorgeous collection of handmade ones by Etsy seller Boojiboo, I have as of yet not decided which one to choose, there are so many gorgeous designs, go take a look.


5. Last but no means least on the Handmade top 5, this gorgeous little plaque, I mean how cute is this, I am going to have to have this too (do you see an expensive pattern forming - don't tell my hubby). I mean it would look great in my Cupcake/Diner Kitchen. Its made by Etsy Artist Jillianhaupt and do you know what more she does a larger version which she personalises, I mean yippee. There are some other gorgeous goodies in her store too.


Well there is my top 5 handmade and if you are anything like me you are probably thinking were can I find pocket money to fill my life with these treasures.


Now for the top5 shop bought goodies for this post, I know you know like myself there are so many out there to show but I have picked a random 5 to share today and will continue over the next few months to keep showing the things I find so don't worry, eventually there will be something if not all that you want.




1. Criminal Damage Cupcake Dress - I am so getting this in the summer, cupcakes on clothes rock, they also do a hooded jacket to match.
2. Cupcake Worktop Saver - Debenhams an English Dept. Store has become rocking for getting cupcake kitchen goodies and this worktop saver is no exception, now I am sure I have a Debenhams Voucher somewhere - lol.
3. Pixie is one of the newest Momiji Dolls and look at her holding her little cupcake, Momiji Dolls have turned into another one of my recent collections but I do not have this one as of yet, can be found on many site on the WWW.
4. Its all about you Cupcake - Such a lovely art print, I love the colour combo's, I keep going to buy this but can't decide where I am going to put in my house, soon as I do I am coming to get you.
5. Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan - OMG seriously this is the coolest thing ever, I am sure my friend Laura has this, the link takes you to Amazon USA but I know I saw this on a UK site last week but can now not find, this will be my next purchase.

Well I am sure you have had enough of this mammoth post, it turned out to be a bit longer than I thought but see that's what cupcakes do to me. If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see, or would like me to find on the net just let me know.

Kara
xox

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature! I feel honored to be on the list and in such great company! Hey! Don't buy a cupcake apron yet! I had some fabric designed using one of my cupcake illustrations and am having a friend sew an apron out of it! If it turns out, I'll be featuring it on my blog & in my shop. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love cupcakes? Wonderful site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cupcakes, thanks so much for including my little sweet treat. I have been wanting one of those jumbo cupcake cake molds too for sometime now. They are super cool, one day, cupcake heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling new blog sweets!! I ADORE anything cupcake!! have a great day!!! xoxo!! B :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am deffo going to get the Momiji doll - I've been contemplating getting the giant cupcake mould since I first saw it but if I made that I'd just stuff myself with it and I'm seriously back to dieting soon - although will still be eating a few cupcakes a month! Will just move about more..lol
    Thanks for your comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Kara!!
    I wanted you to know that I left the comment above in case you were wondering who Andy is. lol. That is my husband's friend's name. LONG story. lol. It wouldn't let me leave a comment as "me". Hope you have a great day!!
    xo! Britt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still drooling from all of the pretty cupcake things. That apron is a MUST! It really is beautiful. And she MAKES those trinkets?! They look so professional!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Cupcake, what do ya think ?

Free Blog Template by June Lily